KINDNESS

 

Over the first two weeks of school I work diligently to introduce myself to all students, explain my job, what I do, how to see me, etc. While doing this, I also make a point to work in some character education:)
This year, I found an incredibly interesting article listing all of the academic benefits of kindness. For years we have preached to the students that kindness matters, be nice, treat others with respect, etc. We do this because we want them to be good, decent people, who care about others. However, the academic benefits of kindness have been largely overlooked! Here is the list I recently shared with our students:

THE BENEFITS OF KINDNESS!
  • Improved concentration
  • Increased serotonin (feel-good, mood balancer)
  • Less stress
  • Improved focus
  • Greater creativity
  • Increased cognitive function
  • Increased collaboration
  • Improved self-esteem
  • Greater empathy and peer acceptance
  • More meaningful connections with others
  • More healthy and productive collaboration with others


If you would like to read the entire article, here is the link (it is a quick read):
https://www.wabisabilearning.com/blog/3-ways-practicing-kindness-enhances-learning
I hope you find this as interesting as I did.Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from the Superintendent