Parenting

Overwhelmed by all of the resources, advice, and help that is floating around out there?

ODE released a wonderfully concise document about how to help your child through this tough time. I like it because it is simple and complete, and all in one document!

How to Support Your Child’s Health and Well-Being During Ohio’s Ordered School-Building Closure

Even though I am providing you with yet another resource to consider, I want you to know that no one is expecting perfection. If all you can do right now is focus on loving your kids and providing a safe home for them, that is enough! As parents, you already live with this deep sense of parental guilt. Am I doing this right? Am I doing enough?
In my experience, the most important thing is that a child knows they are loved and safe! There are a lot of things we tell kids that parents need to hear too!
  • Nobody is perfect.
  • Don't compare yourself to others. 
  • Love yourself and others. 
  • Don't give up. 
  • Take care of yourself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from the Superintendent

Final Grading Period!